Friday, August 19, 2011

the urban pioneer

Hi there! I'm Todd, the Urban Pioneer. I created this blog to just share random things I create, think about, like, or want to discuss.

Why the Urban Pioneer? Living in the city can be an adventure, and sometimes we come across the unknown or unfamiliar, just like pioneers in new and uncharted territories and situations did in years past.

I'm a foodie; I love to create new recipes or modify existing ones to suit my tastes. I love to entertain, and I also love to try new bars and restaurants for lunch, dinner and happy hour.

I'm a music-lover; I sing baritone with a local chorus, and I love hunting down MP3s of my favorite music old and new. I'm especially fond of Christmas/holiday music and classical music, but really any good music catches my ear.

I'm an avid reader; I love historical novels, satire, and biographies - especially about royalty and politicians. I am obsessed with Laura Ingalls Wilder, and I love the Harry Potter series so much that I just finished reading it for the 3rd time in less than a year.

Current events; anything from celebrity gossip, royal weddings, partisan bickering in Washington or political upheaval in the Middle East, I like to follow and discuss what's going on in the world around us. I'm also not shy about my opinions, as you will see if you follow me for any length of time (which I hope you do!)

I might even throw in some DIY projects I've done, concerts and theatre I've attended, or products and services I think you might find useful; you (and sometimes even I) never know what I might want to share and discuss.

I hope you will check me out from time to time, and let me know what your thoughts are on what you see!

Regards,
The Urban Pioneer

No comments:

Post a Comment